Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Buck Of The Novi Wetlands

Buck Of The Novi Wetlands by JKissnHug
Buck Of The Novi Wetlands, a photo by JKissnHug on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
The Novi Wetlands is a nice quiet spot to go birding because you never know what will be at the vast wetlands. I have seen an American Kestrel, Green-winged Teals, Canadian Geese, shorebirds and very early returning Tree Swallows. On this particular day, I went looking for Marsh Wrens and Sedge Wrens. Not finding those two birds, I was very surprised to see a buck in the middle of the day feeding on lily pads & flowers. He foraged for 10 minutes going from one flower to the next, munching to his heart's content. The Mute Swan was not bothered a bit. I watched him for 10 minutes as he would pause and look at me and then continue his feeding. I kept as still as possible not making any sudden moves to scare him into the cattails.

The buck continued his feeding activity and quietly moved into the cattails while I enjoyed a few quiet moments watching the rare buck in the middle of the day.

No comments: