Thursday, May 26, 2011

Colorful Clouds At Sunset

Colorful Clouds At Sunset by JKissnHug
Colorful Clouds At Sunset, a photo by JKissnHug on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
We had a deluge of rain today which brought this muted colorful sunset over Cooley Lake in Commerce Twp., Michigan.

Around 8 p.m., last evening, I was busy cleaning out a storm drain in a lower level walkout that was clogged with pine needles and debris. The water was rising in that below grade cement walkout area. I had a brief window of opportunity between rain deluges, to get that cleared or possibly get a flood over the doorwall.

I finished just in time to watch the sky changing from a dull gray to a diffused golden and then purplish pink color. I was soaking wet, however, I grabbed my camera and went to the front yard on the lake and grabbed a few photos before nature's show was over for the night. While it wasn't your classic sunset shot with the orb in view, the swirling clouds and colors cast an interesting hue of color over the lake surface.

No comments: