Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Owls At Sunset

Owls At Sunset by JKissnHug
Owls At Sunset, a photo by JKissnHug on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
The spectacular weather of the past week has been producing striking sunsets for us in Southeast Michigan. Last evening, with a few well placed clouds I was able to watch the sunset high atop a hill overlooking Teeple Lake. As the sun slowly set into the horizon, I heard the nearby call of two Great Horned Owls who were in a nearby woodland. I watched and listened for 15 minutes as the sun created this masterpiece while I was serenaded by the owls in the woods. It was a magnificent to a perfect weather day in White Lake, Michigan.

1 comment:

Julie G. said...

Oh, Janet, ounds and looks like a glorious evening. Breathtaking image! I could listen to the haunting hooting of owls all night long. Fantastic!