Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Two More Birds to Add to My Life List














On Sunday afternoon, with temps in the 40s, I decided to brave the cold winds of November, and visit Robert Long Park in Commerce Twp., MI.
I have been hearing of great birds to be seen at this gem of a nature park right in my town. I took the short drive, and was not disappointed in my mission to add birds to my life list.

Using my Nikon binoculars, I was able to identify a Northern Shoveler and an American Wigeon.
What a personal thrill to see birds that one has never encountered before in the area lakes. Also present were Hooded Mergansers, Buffleheads, Mute Swans, Mallards, Ring Neck Ducks, a Great Blue Heron, Belted Kingfishers, Killdeer, Downy Woodpeckers and hundreds of Herring Gulls.

A great day to walk in the woods, add birds to your life list and spent the day with nature's creatures.

No comments: